Cub Scouts & Boy Scouts & Parents,
We had a great time this weekend even though we were rained out at Firestone for Shooting & Archery. The boys were able to play many games including nerf shootout, box hockey, broom ball, and bb shooting. The boys learned about the Flag and folding the flag. The boys made the abacus and learned how to use it. The boys learned a couple of knots and fusing/whipping a rope. The boys watched a movie Friday night and another movie Saturday night. The boys watch videos like Friday, I Love Chinese Food, What Does the Fox Say, and Jumping to Bar Bar Bar. Ask them about these videos. The boys had a wonderful time with the Auction. It was fun watching them bid on the numerous items. It was fun and a great experience. We’ll definitely do the auction again.
Like I said, although we weren’t able to camp at Firestone, we had a great time.
Thank you to the following –
1. Mr. Miller for setting up and running the bb shooting range on Saturday afternoon after the rain had stopped.
2. Mr. Onaga for helping with the broom ball after bb shooting range.
3. Everyone involved with cleaning the Church Mansion sleeping area after Saturday night dinner.
4. Mrs. Rios-Parra for keeping the Cub Scouts busy during clean up after Saturday night dinner.
5. All the Boy Scouts for helping with the supervision of the Cub Scouts during various activities. They did not get all the scout bucks they deserved for helping during the busy weekend. They had to deal with being the last to cook and eat their meals. They did not complained at all. Great Sport.
6. The parents who helped out with the Auction.
7. The parents involved with cleaning the kitchen after the meals.
(To have 3 groups cooking in the crowded kitchen for the various meals were a challenge but we all dealt with it nicely and got through it.)
8. Everyone involved with the rush clean up of the Church Mansion on Sunday morning to get it ready for Church Service.
9. Mrs. Munoz and the Boy Scouts for mopping and cleaning the Church Mansion on Sunday morning.